The official name of China Temporary Driving License is China Provisional Driving Permit.
Self-drive is about freedom on wheels, to go where you want and do what you like, at your own pace and with peace of mind. But foreigners can not drive in China with International driving license/permit, in this case, you need to convert your foreign license into Chinese one, you have 2 options:
- Getting China Driving License (For those on a long term visa or residence permit in mainland of China);
- Getting China Provisional Driving License (For those on a short visit or business trip in mainland of China).
Features of China Provisional Driving Permit
- No exam;
- Can be done in 2 hours;
- Convenient for short trip.
Facts of China Provisional Driving Permit
- It's validity is up to 90 days;
- It's validity is also limited by your visa. If your visa is 30 days L visa, then your Provisional Driving Permit will be valid no more than 30 days.
- You have to use it with your foreign driving license and its Chinese translation together.
You can read our news about Chinese Provisional Driving License here.