The U.S. Embassy in Beijing, China

No. 55 An Jia Lou Road Chaoyang District, Beijing 100600
Telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000
Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000
The Embassy consular district includes the municipalities of Beijing and Tianjin and the provinces/autonomous regions of Gansu, Hebei, Henan, Hubei, Hunan, Inner Mongolia, Jiangxi, Ningxia, Qinghai, Shaanxi, Shandong, Shanxi, and Xinjiang.


The U.S. Consulate General in Chengdu

Number 4, Lingshiguan Road, Section 4, Renmin Nanlu, Chengdu 610041.
Telephone: (86)(28) 8558-3992
Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000
This consular district includes the provinces/autonomous region of Guizhou, Sichuan, Xizang (Tibet) and Yunnan, as well as the municipality of Chongqing.


The U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou

Number 1 South Shamian Street, Shamian Island Guangzhou 510133.
Telephone: (86)(20) 8518-7605
Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000
This consular district includes the provinces/autonomous region of Guangdong, Guangxi, Hainan, and Fujian.


The U.S. Consulate General in Shanghai

Westgate Mall, 8th Floor, 1038 Nanjing Xi Lu, Shanghai 200031
Telephone: (86)(21) 3217-4650
Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (21) 3217-4650
This consular district includes Shanghai municipality and the provinces of Anhui, Jiangsu, and Zhejiang.


The U.S. Consulate General in Shenyang

No. 52, 14th Wei Road, Heping District, Shenyang 110003
Telephone: (86)(24) 2322-1198
Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000
This consular district includes the provinces of Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning.


The U.S. Consulate General in Wuhan

New World International Trade Tower I No. 568, Jianshe Avenue Hankou, Wuhan 430022 Telephone: (86) (027) 8555-7791 Emergency after-hours telephone: (86) (10) 8531-4000

Services of US embassy in Beijing China


U.S. embassies are committed to supporting U.S. companies to start exporting or grow their exports to China.  In this section, you’ll find a quick description of China as an export market and some suggestions for getting started.

Getting Started

Below are practical steps a potential investor (or exporter) can follow to make best use of U.S. government services.

1.  Visit the page on China ( to get an overview of economic conditions and opportunities.  Access the U.S. Commercial Service Market Research Library containing more than 100,000 industry and country-specific market reports, authored by our specialists working in overseas posts.

The Library Includes: 

  • Country Commercial Guides (read latest “Doing Business In” guides)
  • Industry Overviews
  • Market Updates
  • Multilateral Development Bank Reports
  • Best Markets
  • Industry/Regional Reports

2.  Contact your local U.S. Export Assistance Center for advice and support on exporting to China. 

Office Information For : U.S. Commercial Service – Beijing
(Beijing, Hohhot, Jingdezhen, Lanzhou, Nanchang, Qingdao, Taiyuan, Tianjin, Urumqi, Xining, Xian, Yanan, Yinchuan, Zhengzhou Jinan)
Phone: (86-10) 8531-3000
Fax: (86-10) 8531-3701
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office Information For : U.S. Commercial Service - Chengdu (Chengdu, Chongqing, Guiyang, Kunming, Lhasa, Shangri La)
Phone: +86 28 85583992
Fax: +86 28 85589221
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office Information For : U.S. Commercial Service - Guangzhou (Changsha, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Guilin, Haikou, Meizhou, Nanning, Sanya, Wuhan, Xiamen)
Phone: 011-86-20-8667-4011
Fax: 011-86-20-8666-6409
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office Information For : U.S. Commercial Service - Shanghai (Hangzhou, Hefei, Nanjing, Shanghai, Wenzhou)
Phone: 011-86-21-6279-7630
Fax: 011-86-21-6279-7639
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Office Information For : U.S. Commercial Service - Shenyang (Changchun, Dailan, Dandong, Harbin, Mudiang, Shenyang, Shuangyashan)
Phone: 011-86-24-2322-1198
Fax: 011-86-24-2322-2206
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

3.  Contact in-country business support organizations. 

American Chamber of Commerce (Beijing)

American Chamber of Commerce (Shanghai)

American Chamber of Commerce (South China)

American Chamber of Commerce (Southwest China)

U.S.-China Business Council

U.S. Information Technology Office

4.  Make use of business matchmaking services.

5.  Subscribe to our embassy Twitter feed

Potential investors: Getting Started. 

If you are considering investment in China, here are some steps you may wish to consider as you get started:

  • Register with the U.S. Embassy – If you are planning a visit to consider investment, let us know by sending an email to the contact addresses on this page.
  • Visit host country resources, such as Invest in China:
  • Contact local U.S. business support organizations. Please see above for links to local U.S. business support organizations.
  • Subscribe to our embassy Twitter feed

Current Investors and Exporters: Staying Connected.

If you are a current U.S. investor or exporter in China, the U.S Embassy wants to stay in touch. Here are a few steps you can take to keep the channels of communication open:

  • Register with the U.S. Embassy – If you are active in China, let us know by sending an email to the contact addresses on this page.
  • Add us to your mailing lists – we are always happy to stay informed
  • Subscribe to our embassy Twitter feed
  • Set up a meeting with our economic or commercial team to discuss any issues that arise

Working in China

In this section you will find information on business visas, travel advisories, and anti-corruption tools.

Business Visas

For information on obtaining a visa to visit China, visit the Chinese Embassy in the U.S. website:

Travel Advisories

Make sure to check the current State Department travel advisory for China


The Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) is an important anti-corruption tool designed to discourage corrupt business practices in favor of free and fair markets.  The FCPA prohibits promising, offering, giving or authorizing giving anything of value to a foreign government official where the purpose is to obtain or retain business.  These prohibitions apply to U.S. persons, both individuals and companies, and companies that are listed on U.S. exchanges. The statute also requires companies publicly traded in the U.S. to keep accurate books and records and implement appropriate internal controls.   

More information on the FCPA can be found here

A party to a transaction seeking to know whether a proposed course of conduct would violate the FCPA can take advantage of the opinion procedure established by the statue.  Within 30 days of receiving a description of a proposed course of conduct in writing, the Attorney General will provide the party with a written opinion on whether the proposed conduct would violate the FCPA.  Not only do opinions provide the requesting party with a rebuttable presumption that the conduct does not violate the FCPA, but DOJ publishes past opinions which can provide guidance for other companies facing similar situations.


Foreigners from the following countries can travel in USA for 90 days without visa.

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Republic of Korea, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom.

To enter the United States on the Visa Waiver Program, travelers must:

  • Be a citizen of one of the countries listed above, and in possession of a VWP-compliant passport;
  • Possess the ESTA authorization;
  • Stay in the United States for 90 days or less; and
  • Plan to travel for:
    • Business- The purpose for your planned travel is to consult with business associates; travel for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or conference on specific dates; settle an estate; or negotiate a contract.
    • Pleasure/Tourism- The purpose of your planned travel is recreational in nature, including tourism, vacation (holiday), amusement, visits with friends or relatives, rest, medical treatment, activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature; and participation by amateurs, who will receive no remuneration, in musical, sports and similar events or contests.
    • Transit- If you are traveling through the United States.

AND if entering the United States by air or sea must:

  • Hold a return or onward ticket. If travelling on an electronic ticket, a copy of the itinerary must be carried for presentation to the immigration inspector. Travelers with onward tickets terminating in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the Caribbean Islands must be legal residents of these areas.
  • Enter the United States aboard an air or sea carrier that has agreed to participate in the program. This includes aircraft of a U.S. corporation that has entered into an agreement with the Department of Homeland Security to carry passengers under the Visa Waiver Program.

If entering the United States by land from Canada or Mexico, the documentary requirements are the same, except there is no requirement for round-trip tickets and signatory carriers. You must satisfy the inspecting officer that you have funds to support yourself during your stay and to depart the United States.

US Visa Application Procedure

Step 1

For Nonimmigrant Visa applicants:

Determine your visa type by reading Common Nonimmigrant Visas. Each visa type explains the qualifications and application items. Choose the visa type that applies to your situation.

Be sure to also review the Visa Waiver Program. If your country participates in the Visa Waiver Program, you do not need to apply for a visa if you are traveling for business or pleasure and will only be staying in the Unites States for 90 days or less.

Step 2

The next step is to complete the DS-160 Form. Be sure to read the Guidelines for Completing the DS-160 Form carefully. All information must be correct and accurate. Once the form is submitted, you cannot make any changes. If you need assistance, please consult an immigration lawyer or translator. The call center cannot help you complete your DS-160. You will need your DS-160 number to book your appointment.

Step 3

Once you have determined the correct visa type and completed the DS-160, you must pay the visa fee. The visa fee page lists the visa types and correlating visa fee in US dollars and native currency.

To pay your visa fee, read the Bank and Payment Options page. This page explains how to make your visa fee payment. You will create a profile and must keep your receipt number to book your visa appointment.

Step 4

You are almost ready to schedule your visa appointment!

Now you will need to login to your profile with the same credentials you used to pay your visa fee. Once you are in the system, you will see your dashboard.

Click on Schedule Appointment on the left-hand side menu.

This will start the process for scheduling your appointment. You will need:

  • Your passport number: please make sure the passport number you filled in your profile is exactly the same as showed on your passport and must be preceded by alphabetical letters if applicable.
  • The receipt number from your Visa Fee receipt; (Click here if you need help finding this number.)
  • The ten (10) digit barcode number from your DS-160 confirmation page.

As you go through the process you will be able to select your visa type, enter personal data, add dependents, select your document delivery location, confirm visa payment, and schedule your appointment.

Step 5

Visit the U.S. Embassy on the date and time of your visa interview. Be sure to check the Schedule My Appointment page for the necessary documentation needed for your appointment.

Step 6

If your visa is approved, the visa will be sent to your designated location selected when you scheduled your appointment.

If I am a third-country national living in China, can I apply for a nonimmigrant visa in China?

Applicants are generally advised to apply in their country of nationality or residence. Any person who is legally present in China may apply for a visa in China. However, applicants should decide where to apply based on more than just convenience or delay in getting an appointment in their home district. One thing to consider, for example, is in which consular district the applicant can demonstrate the strongest ties.

There is no guarantee that a visa will be issued, nor is there a guarantee of processing time. If refused, there is no refund of the application fee.


Passport applications must be made in person at the American Citizen Services unit of the Embassy and Consulates. New passports are generally issued within two weeks after application and new passport cards within four weeks after application. These passports and passport cards, however, are printed in the United States and delivered to Beijing via Express Courier. Consequently, due to production or delivery factors it may take considerably longer to receive one or the other. Limited validity emergency passports may be issued in special circumstances. 

After you fill out the application online, print it, and bring it with you the day of your appointment. The forms are available here or click each passport service listed at the left menu bar and find the applicable form.

Note: Please print out and submit only one-sided pages of the application.  

ACS is no longer able to mail back passports.  If you are unable to make it to the Embassy or Consulate to pick up your passport, you may authorize a friend or family member to collect from ACS on your behalf. Your paid receipt, current passport and signed authorization letter must be presented by your friend or family member for ACS to release the passport. 

If you would rather come in person, please wait for our e-mail notifying you that your passport is ready for pick-up so that you could make timely flight or train travel arrangements. Please note that ACS will hold your new passport for up to 90 days.

Please click here for information on how to make an appointment.

Downloadable Passport Forms

We strongly encourage you to fill out your passport applications online, print them, and bring them to our office. This will greatly reduce the time you have to spend at the Embassy.

DS-11 Form for Passport Application. To be used:  

  • If you have never had a U.S. passport, or
  • You are under age 16, or
  • Your most recent passport was issued more than 15 years ago, or
  • Your most recent passport was lost or stolen (If you are applying because your most recent, valid passport was lost or stolen, you will also need to submit Form DS-64 listed below) 

DS-64 Statement Regarding Lost or Stolen Passport:

This form should be submitted along with the DS-11 Application for Passport and brought with you when you go in person to apply for a new passport if your previous, and still valid passport has been lost or stolen. NOTE: Your must apply in person for a new passport. 

DS-82 Form for Passport Application by Mail.  To be used:

  • If you can submit your most recent passport AND
  • Was at least 16 years old when most recent passport was issued AND
  • Was issued most recent passport in the last 15 years AND
  • Use the same name as on most recent passport or since passport was issued, have had named changed by marriage or court ordre and can submit proper documentation to reflect name-change

DS-3053 Statement of Consent - Issuing a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16

This form should be notarized and submitted, along with the DS-11 Application for Passport, for minors under age 16 as evidence of parental permission if:

  • You are a non-applying parent or guardian consenting to passport issuance for your child, or
  • You are an applying parent or guardian, and the written consent of the non-applying parent or guardian cannot be obtained.

DS-4085 Form for Additional Visa Pages:

  • To add visa pages.

DS-5504 Form for Passport Re-application. To be used

  • Wherever there is a change in the printed information (eg. name-change) after your passport was printed, or 
  • To extend the validity of certain previously limited passports.

Passport Renewal for Adults (ages 16 and above)

We strongly encourage you to fill out your passport applications online, print them, and bring them to our office. This will greatly reduce the time you have to spend at the Embassy.

Please click here to access the appointment calendar.

Download the application form now! DS-82  DS-11

  1.  Submit current or expiring passport
  2. One recent 2x2" (5x5 cm) photo, see photo requirements
  3. If your present passport was valid for 10 years, complete form DS-82. If your present passport was only valid for five years, complete form DS-11 (do not sign)
  4. USD 110 or USD 135 if use form DS-11

Note: Please print out and submit only one-sided pages of the application.

Passport Renewal for Children

We strongly encourage you to fill out your passport applications online, print them, and bring them to our office. This will greatly reduce the time you have to spend at the Embassy.

To better serve customers, all routine services in ACS are by appointment only.  Please click here to access the appointment calendar.

Download the application form now!

Please bring the child to the Embassy or Consulate in China and bring the following 6 items with you:

  1. Your child’s previous passport
    Family photos to show that the child in the previous passport is identifiable with the applicant are required if the passport photo was taken when the child was a baby.
  2. Your child’s birth certificate/Consular report of birth abroad/adoption decree, the documents should be either original or certified copy.
    Note: Child’s Chinese Travel document if applicable.
  3. Complete form DS-11 (do not sign)
  4. One recent 2 inches by 2 inches (5x5 cm) photo, see photo requirements
  5. Parents' or legal guardians' passports
  6. USD 105 or RMB equivalent

For children under 16 either both parents need to be present and provide unequivocal consent to passport issuance by signing the application form in front of the Consular Officer or the parent unable to attend the interview must submit a notarized letter of consent, in English, click here for DS-3053, which can be notarized at the American Embassy free of charge. Consulates will also accept letters of consent notarized by non-American notaries. Alternatively, the parent applying for the passport must submit proof of sole custody.

The consular officer has the right to request additional information.

Extra Visa Pages

We strongly encourage you to fill out your passport applications online, print them, and bring them to our office. This will greatly reduce the time you have to spend at the Embassy.

To better serve customers, all routine services in ACS are by appointment only.  Please click here to access the appointment calendar.

Download the application form now!

If visa pages in your full-validity passport have all been used, but your passport is still valid and in good condition, you may apply for additional visa pages. Depending on the time remaining for the validity of your passport, either one set of 24 extra pages or two sets for a total of 48 pages can be added. 

Application Requirements
1.       Make an appointment
2.       Submit your current passport
3.       Submit form DS-4085
4.       Pay a fee USD 82 or RMB equivalent
5.       If you cannot appear in person, you may also authorize someone else to add pages to your adult passport on your behalf.  You must provide the person you designate a signed letter authorizing them to add pages to your passport on your behalf.  If you choose to designate someone to add pages for you, you will also have to complete and sign the DS-4085 beforehand and have the designee bring it with them to the Embassy. 


Adding Extra Pages to Children's Passport: 

  1. Make an appointment
  2. Submit current passport
  3. Complete form DS-4085
  4. One parent needs to appear in person and bring the child's birth certificate /Consular Report of Birth Abroad/adoption decree which should be an original or certified copy
  5. The child is not required to appear in person
  6. If neither parent can appear in person, he/she may provide a written, notarized statement DS-3053 specifically authorizing a third person to add pages to the child’s passport as well as a copy of his/her identification
  7.  Pay a fee USD 82 or RMB equivalent


  1. Per State Department guidelines, passports should not have additional pages added more than twice.  If your passport has already had additional pages added two or more times, you will need to apply for a new passport.
  2. An application for extra pages will be processed by our office on the same day. Please expect to wait about one hour after submitting the application for the pages to be added.

If you have any questions feel free to send an email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., or call (010) 8531-4000.

Lost or Stolen Passports

Obtaining A Lost Passport Report

In the case of a lost or stolen passport, the loss must be immediately reported to the local Public Security Bureau. If you lost your passport in Beijing, please contact:   

The Exit and Entry Administration of Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau
No. 2 Andingmen Dongdajie (click here for a map)
Dongcheng District, Beijing
Tel: 84020101

The lost passport report (click here for a sample) must also be presented to Chinese authorities when applying for a new Chinese visa (see instructions from the Exit and Entry Department of Public Security Bureau below) to replace the visa in the missing passport. If you have your passport lost/stolen, please promptly report your lost/stolen passport to the local public security bureau(PSB) where the passport was lost/stolen and obtain a police report. Failure to obtain a replacement visa can result in a fine, or greater difficulty when attempting to exit China.

Applying for A Replacement Passport

Things to bring to the Embassy when replacing your lost/stolen passport.  You must apply in person:

  • The original lost passport report from the local Exit and Entry Department of Public Security Bureau where the loss occurred;
  • One recent color photo with white background (2 inches by 2 inches);
  • USD 135 for adults over the age of 16, USD 105 for minors under the age of 16, equivalent RMB is acceptable;
  • Completed DS-11 and DS-64 forms printed on one-sided pages;
  • Proof of identity (e.g. driver's license, expired license, student ID or any photo ID);
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship (e.g. original and sealed birth certificate with filing number, canceled U.S. passport, photocopy of the lost or stolen passport).


- If the applicant is a minor under age of 16, both parents need to appear with the minor.
Please print out and submit only one-sided pages of the application.

Replacing a lost/stolen Chinese Visa

The following documents are required by the Exit and Entry Department of Public Security Bureau (PSB) to facilitate the issuance of a new Chinese visa to replace a lost/stolen visa.

1.    The lost passport report issued by the PSB.

2.    The police report issued by local police department or station where the person lost their passport. (Please note: a police report issued by a local police department or station does not replace the lost passport report issued by the PSB.)

3.    One photocopy of the lost passport or other IDs (ID card, driving license, working card, seamen’s ID, national insurance card) or their photocopies. For those who do not have any ID certificates, the citizenship confirmation letter from their embassies is needed.

4.    Temporary residence certificate.  For those living in hotels and apartments, they should present the check-in certificate, but for those having bought apartments or living in Chinese citizens’ homes, they should go to local police stations for the temporary residence certificate. Note:  If an individual is unsure where he/she should go to get the residence certificate, please contact the local Exit and Entry Department of Public Security Bureau to verify.

5.    Foreigners who are here invited by Chinese institutions should present an introduction letter by relevant parties, e.g. employers, inviting companies, travel agencies.

6.    One 2-inch photo.

Bring the above required documents to the Exit and Entry Department of the Public Security Bureau for a replacement Chinese visa.

NOTE:  The Exit and Entry Department of Public Security Bureau (PSB) has the sole discretion to require additional documents not listed above in order to facilitate the issuance of a new Chinese visa. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: The PSB requires that the foreign citizen first report the passport lost before going to their respective embassies to obtain a replacement passport. If the foreigner presents a replacement passport without first having reported the passport lost to the PSB, the PSB will not issue the visa in a timely manner.

Notary Service

Notary Services of US Embassy

To better serve customers, all routine services in ACS are by appointment only.  Please click here to access the appointment calendar.

Consular officers perform services customarily provided by Notaries Public in the United States. Persons requiring such services should visit the consular section in person during regular office hours.  

Notarial services may be provided for non- U.S. citizens only if the document to be notarized will be used in the United States.   

Hours of operation:

Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday except American and Chinese holidays between the hours of 8:30am-12:00 noon and 2:00pm-4:00pm. On Wednesdays we are only open during the morning from 8:30am-12:00 noon.   

What we can do: 

  • Acknowledgement
    An Acknowledgement of execution is used for legal agreements, deeds, powers of attorney, business documents, etc. for use in the United States.
  • Affidavit
    An affidavit is one’s sworn statement. Please keep in mind the consular office assumes no responsibility for the truth or falsity of the representations that appear in the affidavit.
  • Certificate of true copy of a document issued by the State Department
    Please bring the original document for verification.
  • Authentication
    Please make sure the documents you bring to us have already been authenticated by the Notarization and Authentication Division of Consular Affairs Department of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The telephone number of the Notarization and Authentication Division is (8610) 6588-9761. 

What we CANNOT do:

  • Service of process
    The American Citizen Services office is not authorized to serve legal documents in China under the Hague Convention. Detailed information on the service of process in China please visit the U.S. Department of State website at
  • Signature guarantee
    U.S. banks or mutual fund companies often require signature guarantees. Unfortunately, we cannot legally perform a signature guarantee. Please check with your bank or stock company, here or in the U.S. for additional information.
  • Perform notaries on documents written in a language other than English.
  • Certify true copies of documents.  Note: If you need a certified copy of a foreign passport for IRS purposes, you may either contact the IRS office or use a local notary.

Required items at time of notarization 

  • The documents to be notarized
  • Identification such as passport, driver’s license, school ID, etc
  • Witnesses, if required
  • Fee USD 50 for each notarial

Acceptable payment
U.S. cash, equivalent RMB cash, traveler’s checks or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Diners Club, or Discover; in U.S. dollars only).

Criminal Record Checks


U.S. citizens may be asked to present a "certificate of good conduct" or "lack of a criminal record" for a variety of reasons for use abroad including adoption, school attendance, employment, etc. U.S. law enforcement authorities may not be familiar with such a procedure since it is not commonly requested in the United States. There are a variety of options available to U.S. citizens seeking to obtain proof of their lack of a criminal record, and you should check with the requesting entity what type of record they are seeking.

LOCAL POLICE CHECK: Go to your local police department where you last resided in the United States, request that the police conduct a criminal records search and provide you with a document reflecting that there is no history of a criminal record. Local police departments may require your personal appearance in order to conduct the search.

FBI RECORDS CHECK: The Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) centralizes criminal justice information and provides accurate and timely information and services to local, state, federal, and international law enforcement agencies, the private sector, academia, and other government agencies. The subject of an identification record may obtain a copy thereof by submitting a written request to the CJIS . The request must be accompanied by satisfactory proof of identity (consisting of name, date and place of birth, and a set of roll-inked fingerprint impressions) and a certified check or money order for the $18 processing fee. The FBI will not provide copies of arrest records to individuals other than the subject of the record. Requests should be directed to FBI CJIS Division, Attn: SCU, Mod. D-2, 1000 Custer Hollow Rd., Clarksburg, West Virginia 26306. If there is no criminal record, a report reflecting this fact is provided.

If fingerprints are required, U.S. citizens should be able to obtain fingerprint cards from their local police departments. U.S. Embassies and consulates do not generally provide this service. You may contact the organization below for fingerprinting services in Beijing. Fingerprint Identification: An Overview.

Fingerprinting services are available at the following location:

Beijing Tongdashoucheng Institute of Judicial Expertise Science
Add: 2/F, Building 2, No. 23 Yongtaizhuang Zhonglu, Haidian District, Beijing  (北京市海淀区永泰中路23号2号楼1层, the entrance is around the corner from the address given.)
Tel: 010-6290 7011(Reception),
      010-8399 4891(Fingerpringting services appointments)

Business hours: Monday - Friday 09:00-15:30

Driving directions: From Jingzang Expressway (京藏高速, previous called Badaling Expressway 八达岭高速), take exit 999 (999急救中心出口), make a right turn under the Qinghe Bridge, go straight past the first traffic light, then turn left. Beijing Tongda Shoucheng Institute of Forensic Science is in the complex of Beijing Forensic Center of Beijing Public Security Bureau (北京市公安局法医鉴定中心院内).

This same day service usually takes 30-40 minutes processing time. It may take longer if the prints are not clear and they have to do "retakes." 

An appointment is preferred, but not required.  Most of the personnel do not speak English. 

AUTHENTICATION OF POLICE OR FBI CERTIFICATES FOR LACK OF A CRIMINAL RECORD: Documents required for use abroad may require additional authentication after you obtain the local police seal or FBI certificate. See our guidance on authentication or legalization of documents.

Please also see here for more information on whether the US Embassy in Beijing or the State Department in Washington, D.C. is the appropriate authority for your authentication request.