I mean what if you are a U.S. citizen but you get a driver's license from China. Can that driver's license from China be used in USA without having to take and pass the written or road tests in USA again? If you have to take the tests in the USA again, would the test contents be kind of similar to that of China's? Thanks.

Yahoo Answers:

During the first six months, you'll be able to drive legally in every American state and territory, just as Americans are allowed to drive legally in Australia, Great Britain, Russia, or Mexico (for a few examples) when we visit there.

Our Experience:

China driver's license can be used in California directly.

China driver's license should be used together with notarial certificate of it in some eastern states of USA.

Most western states of USA accept China driver's license.