1 entry China F visa issued by Beijing police on 16th Nov 2012
China F Visa Extension or Renewal
Immigration department of Beijing Police's Instructions on F Visa Extension or Renewal for Foreigners
Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completing the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with black ink or sign pen, attached with a recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Relevant certificates of the host organization relating to its legal status in Beijing, such as enterprise business license, registration certificate for permanent representative institution of foreign (regional) enterprise, etc., depending on various nature of host organization.
5. For F visa holders, certification letter from the host and inviting organization, which shall give every detail of the applicant’s travel to China and all information provided shall be true and correct.
6. In the light of the circumstances, supporting materials relating to the state of business of host and inviting organization.
7. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Timeline for Application
1. F visa holders could apply for an extension with validity of no longer than 180 days.
2. Non-F-visa-holders could apply for an F visa renewal with the validity of less than 1 year, the stay duration of less than 180 days and various number of entries from zero to multiple. However the accumulative duration of stay with the renewed visa could not exceed 1 year from the date of the latest entry of China.
3. The extension of a current F visa is only valid for this referred entry and does not affect the number of entries or the validity on the original visa. The accumulated term of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay which is specified on the visa.
Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, for applicants who are aged under 16 or above 60, or inconvenient to travel due to disability, or high-level and exceptional ability talents qualified as much-needed of the state, the host organization or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee’s ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.
2. For the above-stated materials, original documents need to be verified and copies of original documents submitted, whereas for Paragraph 5 of Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement, the original document shall be submitted.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-Entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.
China's Visit Visa (F): Issued to foreigners who are invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and cultural exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.
F visa in China
If you enter into China on a tourist “L” or “F” visa with intention to stay beyond the validity period specified on the current visa, BeijingESC can assists you to extend your current “F” visa or perform a conversion from “L” visa to “F” visa. You can re-apply for single-entry or multiple-entry F visa for a maximum of one year period.
Please note that the validity period of the F visa shall not exceed one year from your last entry into China.